March 16, 2010

Shia LaBeouf Describes His 'Fake' Hand Made of Hip Bone and 'Left Over' Skin


In July of 2008, Shia LaBeouf was in a car accident, injuring his hand which led to reconstructive surgery. The young actor sets the record straight about what happened in the new issue of GQ.

"I'd be watching the news, and they'd play my car crash, and every once in a while Kim Kardashian's sister would jump on TV and preach to me from the red carpet about how to live my f------ life. And I'm so upset, man. I'm so angry. Because this accident was not caused by me. I got hit. I had a green. This f----- ran a red light. And he flipped my truck, and he shoveled it on my hand." he described.

"[My fingers] are in the street, they're off, they're under the truck door, man. This is fake, dude," he added. "This is hip bone and the skin that was left over."

LaBeouf also opens up about working on 'Wall Street: Money Never Sleeps,' and his girlfriend.

He found a new hobby in trading: "I trade in my boxers now. I'm up early for the markets. I'm real-time all day long."

Working with Oliver Stone: "He is a doctor of human manipulation," he says. "One of the first things you do with Oliver is you start talking about your personal life. You give it all to him at the beginning, and then he has these strings with which he can f--- with you. He regurgitates this stuff at inopportune moments. He will just come up and whisper a phrase in your ear, sing a song, mention something about your dad, and -- pow! -- it puts you in a different world."

On 'Wall Street' co-star Michael Douglas' troubles with his son, who was recently arrested on drug charges: "Michael Douglas was an open wound on the set. That dude is in pain. He was emotional putty on the set. A struggling man. We filmed a struggling man."

Stone and Douglas liked to wrestle on set: "That is their process. They f------ go at it like rams, all day long, every day. They know that they feed off each other in a way that they don't get with anybody else, but they hated each other."

His relationship with actress Carey Mulligan: "I never really had anything in my life that was off-limits. But with this, just out of respect, I just don't want to f--- around. She's an unbelievably thought-provoking actress, the most talented actress I've ever met in my life, by leaps and bounds. Neither one of us are fame whores. It works out. It's not like we're the premiere couple; we're not the red-carpet king and queen."

No comments: