January 15, 2010

Rihanna W Magazine Photo & Article








Ugh Rihanna keeps this Chris Brown situation going in 2010 in W Magazine:

“There were control issues, insecurity. When people are insecure they become very controlling and they can get very aggressive and in turn abusive. It doesn’t have to be physical. Like they would say bad stuff to you to make you feel lesser than them just so they would have control in the relationship. It takes a big toll on your emotions and on your everyday life. It changes you.”

Interesting. Especially because many people in Chris’ camp have been very vocal since the incident saying words like these about Rihanna herself. More snippets from Rih’s interview when you read the rest….


Rihanna said she sought refuge in her music, finding that it helped to write about the attack:

“I started to go crazy after about a month in the house, so I went back to work, and the mic was my therapist,” she explained.

“With the mic, there were no negative comments, no negative energy. At first I completely shut down. But now I feel like this happened to me so I could be a voice for young girls who are going through what I went through and don’t know how to talk about it. It’s not about Chris, about hurting him or sabotaging his career. I don’t care about that part of it.”

On why she stayed away from friends and family immediately after the attack:

“It’s like they are too close to you. When you have to talk about something so painful, they are going to get too emotional. And that wasn’t helping me, because I already felt the same way and I’m looking to not feel like this. I felt like, If I’m going to tell you something and you’re going to have pity for me, then I’m not going to talk to you,” she said.

2 comments:

deonte' k said...

I love these photo! I was going to post them too, but I see u beat me to it hmph! LOL ;)

speaking hypothetically said...

lol awww u can post them too